Hardware and Software Maintenance Services
AKASS team is comprised of industry recognized Computer Maintenance Engineers and Technicians. One of the main tasks of the company is to provide world class maintenance services to local and regional companies.
The engineers are Certified and Trained with the following Computer maintenance certificates and fully comply to maintenance standards and recomendation. (see employee profile here )
- CompTia A+ Certified
- CompTia N+ Certified
- Cisco CCNA Certified
- GVF Certified
- Certified Computer Programers and developers,..
We provide Hardware and software maintenance service at customer site, as well us in our fully equipped workshop in Addis Ababa.
Desktop and laptop Maintenance
Desktop Maintenance includes repair of components and replacement of non repairable components. In case of replacement, new (branded & genuine) components shall be provided.
- Replace parts
- Checking status of computer based on user complaints and taking remedial action
- Attending to virus related complaints and taking necessary action to sort out the issues. Guarding the systems against virus infections using the latest anti-virus tools available in the market.
- Installation and Re-load support on Desktop/laptop for Operating system and applications software.
- Servers Maintenance includes repair of components and replacement of non repairable components. In case of replacement, the replaced component provided by customer must be branded and genuine.
- Installation and Re-load support for OS like MS Windows, Linux, etc.
- Schedule and followup on proper backup of data ( depending on customer policies)
- Train Customer on Backup system
- Maintenance Support of Scanner/Printers. Maintenance includes repair of components and replacement of faulty components.
- Installation of drivers/ software for its operation
- Enabling printer and scanner sharing
- Maintenance and repair of existing UPSs. It includes repair of components and replacement of non repairable components and battery.
Network Infrastructure Maintenance
To provide services and support to ensure trouble free availability of network facilities to users:-
- Managing all Patch Panels, switches, cables, etc. in the Network
- Monitoring the network to determine capacity usage and escalating as required
- Identifying LAN faults and getting them resolved
- Installing necessary equipment to connect computers on to the Local Area Network (LAN).
- Repair / Replace faulty LAN cables.
Specialist equipment support ( VSAT, HF/VHF radio,…)
Purpose of Preventive Maintenance
- Preventive maintenance is a proactive maintenance of equipment before a fault or failure occurs.
- Preventive maintenance involves routine tasks to ensure that the system is running optimally & to avoid problems before they arise.
Preventive maintenance includes but not limited to the following tasks.
- Regular and thorough cleaning of the system from inside by computer grade air and liquid cleaning solution to remove dirt and dust which hinders the cooling of PCs during operation.
- Cleaning and lubrication of all connectors and contacts.
- Carrying out the head cleaning of CD-ROM / DVD Drive, tape drives by head cleaning disk and liquid cleaner.
- Cleaning of exterior of PCs, keyboard, mouse, mouse pad, monitor, printer and all other accessories based on agreed frequency. Good quality cleaning liquid is to be used for such purpose.
- Updating of Anti-virus software and keeping PCs virus free.
- Download updates/ patches by Microsoft and upgrade all computers on the network.
Among the measure to be taken during preventive maintenance is updating Antivirus & scanning for virus & malware. AKASS recommends and encourage customers to use licensed Antivirus software to protect company’s data.